Check out my other Jackson Morgan recipes
* Jackson Morgan sponsored this post, but all thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make PMQ for two possible.
Hawaiian Punch Cheesecake Bars
I was looking through Pinterest looking for tasty summer desserts, and decided that an icebox cheesecake was the way to go.
Jackson Morgan Southern Cream
You know of my love for Jackson Morgan Southern Creams, especially in baking! I’ve made some really tasty treats over the years, and this is just another one.
I combined the Peaches & Cream and Whipped Orange Cream to create one tasty layer in the Hawaiian Punch Cheesecake Bars. I could have added another layer with the Banana Pudding Cream (and I may yet still), but for a first go, this tasted divine.
Hawaiian Punch Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Ingredients for Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cans of pineapple slices (you’ll need 9 slices, the can I bought only had 8)
- 9 maraschino cherries
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 full sleeve of graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
Orange, Peaches & Cream Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- you could add 1/4 Banana Pudding Cream
Line a 9 X 9-inch baking pan with saran wrap, so that you can easily remove the bars to evenly slice and remove them.
In a medium bowl, melt the 5 tablespoons of butter in a microwave
In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they are fine crumbs.
Add the crumbs to the melted butter and mix. You want the mixture to be moist and pliable.
Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly into the pan, pressing down to create an even crust. Place pan into the freezer while preparing the rest of the recipe, a minimum of 30 minutes.
Fold-in 1 cup of cool whip by hand using a rubber spatula. Once complete, cover the bowl and put in the fridge to chill.
- In a mixing bowl, beat another 8 ounces of cream cheese, the confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. With a rubber spatula, fold in one cup of the Cool Whip.
- Set in fridge to chill.
Remove all the parts from the fridge and freezer.
Using an offset spatula, add the cheesecake layer over the graham cracker crust. Make sure to get an even application, and to get the corners!
Next, add the Orange and Peaches & Cream layer using the same method.
Add 9 pineapple slices, in a grid pattern on the top layer. Place a maraschino cherry in the centre of each pineapple slice.
Pop the entire tray into the freezer for at least 6hrs (I left mine overnight).
The next day they were set perfectly. The knife cut through them perfectly, and each one lifted out of the pan without difficulty.
The cool whip stabilizes everything without making it heavy and rock hard. Gotta love that!
I tried to cut around the pineapple rings so that each square would have a whole ring.