*Wayfair, Hygge & West, Behr, Homesense, Addison Weeks, Hudson Valley Lighting & Minted sponsored this post, but all thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make PMQ for two possible.
Don’t forget to check out the other participants to see what they’re up to!
Jeweled Interiors | Haneen’s Haven | Dimples and Tangles | PMQ for Two | House Homemade | Rain on a Tin Roof | Pencil Shavings | Our Fifth House | Kaleidoscope Living | The Pink Clutch | At Charlotte’s House | Effortless Style Blog
And thanks again Jewel for hosting!
I laid out our plans for the space in the blog post last week, and this past weekend we accomplished so much. Here’s a to-do list of everything we had to do, and what we actually got done.
- Paint the walls white
- Paint the trim on the doorways, windows, and baseboards in high gloss black
- Wallpaper the closet
- Add shelves and curtain rod
- Hang the Hudson Valley light fixtures (the LEIGH and two METAs)
- Paint sidetables + dresser
- Hang blinds + curtains
- Hang art from Minted, and from personal collection
- Re-finish black and white shoe dresser for closet
Because there is no way I’m hanging expensive and luxurious Hygge & West wallpaper on my own (I am not a precise person), I hired our local wallpaper guy to come do it. It took him the better part of a day, but every corner of the closet is covered in the Peonies Wallpaper print (in Yellow).
The task then fell to Dan to hang our shelving and clothing rods. I’ve got another post about the closet planned for later, but in the meantime, here’s a close-up of the gold shelf brackets we re-purposed from the studio. More on this later.
You can also see the AMAZING light fixture we had installed. I’m no electrician, and you definitely don’t want me messing around with wiring, so we had to hire out for this part too. We had two light fixtures moved, combined and filled, and then added another two + switches on either side of the bed.
Things are looking pretty good guys, and having our side tables free of lamps and cords is kinda nice. Now I just have to hit a switch and it’s lights out. The METAs were a great choice for the space, as they’re show-stealing, but they’ve definitely got enough interest to hold your gaze.
As you can see, we painted all the window trims high gloss black. In an ideal world we’d be replacing all the windows as we go, but until that’s an option (and can put actual black cased windows), we’re painting them as we go.
Behr Paint’s Limousine Leather in Premium Plus Ultra (the only way to get the high gloss) is what we chose to get the look. A big can went far in this space, and we have enough left to try another room before this is all said and done.
Dan also hung the bamboo blinds and curtains that we ordered. The ones that were up in this space when we moved in weren’t cutting it for us. Even after washing them, they were still old and musty. Gross. Now we have more control over the natural lighting in here.
Boots was totally unimpressed with all the commotion, but still found a way to make himself a safe snuggly spot.
Here’s a source list for everything I’m using in case you need to know ASAP:
- Headboard: Square Back Headboard in Red Belle Du Jour By Clare V
- Wall Paint: Ultra Pure White by BEHR Paint
- Wall Trim: Limousine Leather by BEHR Paint
- Wall Sconces: META by Mitzi
- Yellow Lantern: LEIGH (in Marigold) by Mitzi
- Wallpaper: Peonies (in Yellow) by Hygge & West
- Art: Hot Pink Art Print by Kristi Kohut, What You Want Kristi Kohut Art Print by Kristi Kohut, Wow, That Is Bright Art Print by Lisa Travis, Composition 2 Art Print by Jaime Derringer, Vintage Peonies Art Print by HafnHafStudio – All available through Minted
- Knobs: Dylan (in Mint) from Addison Weeks
- Pulls: Wooster (in Mint) from Addison Weeks
- Brass Floral: Dogwood branches from Addison Weeks
- Mirror: LANGESUND from IKEA
- Curtains: HANNALENA from IKEA
- Blinds: Bamboo Flat-weave Sun-filtering Roll Up Blind (36×66 Inch, Amber Honey)
- Rugs: Beachward Awning Striped Flatweave Tassel Rug from Rugs USA
- Bedding: Capobianco Duvet Cover Set (in Black & White) from Wayfair
- Bed: Wayfair Sleep 10″ Firm Memory Foam Mattress
- B&W Stripped Dresser: IKEA Shoe Cabinet Hack