We subscribed to Crave TV about earlier this spring and one of the first things I did was re-watch Sex and the City (SATC). I don’t know about you, but I stayed-up till 12midnight all through high school to watch it every saturday night on HBO. Most of it was beyond my high-school level comprehension of life, and I laughed at all the right jokes because it felt right, but it’s only now with time and experience that I pull so much more from the show.
I know, I know, but hear me out.
One thing that struck me while re-watching was how many of the moments are emblematic of sisterhood (“army sister wives” as we called ourselves at our last posting), motherhood, and a life where you’re almost always “waiting for your man” whether he’s real, deployed, or you haven’t met him yet.
Call me cheesy, call me whatever, just don’t call me Shirley.
Share your favourites in the comments below!
1. When your sexy man in uniform asks you to dance
2. Hanging out by the refreshment table with your army sister wives during another “recommended” event
3. After years of living in base housing
4. When the deployment talk starts
5. When us city girls get moved to the “middle of nowhere”
6. When DH has been gone on course after EX after course, and you call your civie friends
7. When he actually comes home and your family asks what it’s like to have him back
7. When he starts talking about a new acronym and you can’t seem to place it in your lexicon of known terms
8. Because we don’t talk enough about how we keep our sanity during the absences
10. When you’re getting ready to leave for a new posting/duty station and you’re having that last drink with the girls before the movers come
11. Real-talk coffee dates with your bestie while DH is deployed
12. When DH is away and you’re sick, injured or have a medical issue
13. Shopping for his return after a long asbence
14. When someone spots you shopping for toilet paper and soap at 9pm at the base grocery store
15. Addressing the haters wherever they may be
16. Discussing your sex life (or lack thereof) with the girls
17. Picking him up at the airport, and it’s been a while
18. When DH is away and the food he’s eating is terrible
19. It’s gonna be how cold during tomorrow’s outdoor parade?
20. You and the girls strolling around the playground
Send me your Military Spouse life in Sex & the City GIFs on snapchat or leave them in the comments!